Any questions regarding your Medication Admin application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for tips and guidance on completing the application? Check out the Application Medication Delegation Learning Module NOTE: There is now updated documentation for the medication delegation application.
EBOOK (Key Resource)
This eBook outlines key information that every School Nurse needs to know about medication administration, including:
Ebook: Medication Administration in a School Setting: School Nursing Practice in Massachusetts (PDF)
BORN Advisory Rulings and Alerts
MDPH – Reporting Forms & Sample Policies
- Filling out a Medication Error in School
- If you have questions about reporting or responding to a medication error in school, please contact Caitlin Pettengill, DNP, RN, Assistant Director of MDPH School Health Services.
- Please also email Caitlin Pettengill, DNP, RN, to report a medication error in school that caused harm or required assessment.
Medication Administration Laws, Regulations, and Guidance
- Framework for Decision-Making Nursing Practice Activities
- MA Board of Registration for Physicians
- Medication Administration and Athletic Trainers
MDPH Medication Delegation and Administration Application Information
- New! MDPH School MCSR 2023 Signature Page (PDF)
Medication Delegation to Unlicensed Assistive Personnel
- National Guidelines for Nursing Delegation (2019) NCBSN and ANA
Delegation Training Materials:
- Bulk Purchasing of Naloxone State Office of Pharmacy Services (SOPS)
- Purchasing Naloxone from a Pharmacy
- Naloxone in Schools Memo - Updated on September 6, 2022
- School Nurse Narcan Training Resources
- Stop an Overdose with Naloxone
Nurse Training Materials: Medication Administration in a School Setting
Note: These materials from the SHIELD online credit course are being made available here for review purposes only. You may access the full course for credit or to audit.
- Ebook: Medication Administration in a School Setting: School Nursing Practice in Massachusetts (PDF)
National Association of School Nurses Tools
- School Nursing Evidence-based Clinical Practice Guideline: Medication Administration in Schools
- School Nursing Evidence-based Clinical Practice Guideline: Medication Administration in Schools Implementation Toolkit